Job ID 8223
Eastern Bank has created a Women & Minority Owned Business Enterprise Vertical (WMBE) to continue the focus and support on helping their businesses grow and become more profitable. The WMBE banker position works with women & minority owned business to assist them with their growth and increased profitability for their companies. This includes assisting them with the right bank products and services, but also in consulting with them on a regular basis on a variety of financial topics. This individual must be community driven that is looking to make an impact in the women & minority owned business community. The WMBE banker must have and/or establish strong relationships with advisors, community organizations, centers of influence and other connections that can aide in the assistance needed to help women & minority owned businesses thrive and prosper.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage relationships externally with key Community Partners to leverage programs, tools and resources that can assist WMBE customers grow and make their business more profitable. Must demonstrate a passion for working with WMBE clients and be committed to growing and maintaining a network that can assist them.
- Source, evaluate and recommend new WMBE banking opportunities for loan and deposit relationships. Loan relationships will include both C&I and CRE relationships.
- Manage a portfolio of WMBE clients to help minimize risk for the bank, cross sell to the book of business and create a positive customer experience. Provide guidance and advice to the clients to assist them in growing their revenue and increasing profitability.
- Coordinate calling and relationships management activities with multiple internal business partners including investments, treasury, retail, and insurance.
- Conduct preliminary underwriting and structure of credit requests.
- Maintain internal Bank contact management system including full history.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent related experience) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of business lending with prior credit and sales training
- Must demonstrate that the candidate has Community ties with key partners to leverage in business relationships
Centers of Influence relationships
- Must have a basic understanding of commercial businesses and banking
- Must have experience in working with WMBE clients
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales skills in a fast-paced environment
- Able to utilize full range of prospecting sales activities
- Technologically proficient