Responsible for various operational, reporting and analytical functions related to liquidity management, cash-flow modeling and financial reporting. This individual plays an active role in supporting the Bank’s Treasury department.
Key Result Areas:
- Provide primary support for efficient cash management and investment settlements by administering daily management of the Bank’s liquidity position, monitoring daily cash flows, and gauging excess/deficit in funding requirements
- Assist with calculations to Sell and/or purchase excess/deficit funds daily with network of financial counterparties
- Monitor safekeeping and custodial activity for Bank’s investment portfolio, assisting the accounting group by researching non-reconciled discrepancies between Bank’s accounting records and custodian banks
- Collect and maintain historic interest rates, economic indicators and other market data from various sources, including Bloomberg
- Provide adhoc modeling and analysis as needed in support of specific but widely varying strategic initiatives. This would include modeling deposit pricing on new and existing products and modeling impact of various growth strategies on income and interest rate risk
- Assist in administration of Swap program by providing documentation, both pre-trade and post-trade as well as work with lenders, underwriters, closing attorneys, servicing department, and other counterparties
- Provide support for internal and external audit requests such as FDICIA, FDIC, FINRA, and others
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers
- Contribute to the effective team management of all Bank problems, issues, and opportunities
- Perform additional duties as required
- BS degree, preferably in finance or economics
- Working knowledge of banking industry
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective time-management skills and comfortable meeting strict deadline
The above description covers the most significant responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $5 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Melrose, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.