Job ID 8224
The Senior Vice President, Talent Acquisition & Employee Relations will serve as a strategic business partner alongside senior leaders to align Eastern Bank’s people strategies with its business objectives, strengthen Eastern’s culture, and lead “best in class” Human Resource functions of talent acquisition, employee relations and diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I). The role will partner with organizational leaders and senior HR management in providing leadership and advice in these areas and influence across all related Human Resource team members, policies, and programs. The position will also lead a team of HR Business Partners, along with DE&I and Talent Acquisition Professionals and will be responsible for developing strategies that interface with those of its peers, providing operational structure that will have impact and outcomes which benefit Eastern Bank and its constituents.
The successful Senior Vice President, Talent Acquisition & Employee Relations will be proactive and forward thinking, influential, high-energy, and hands-on with the ability to successfully develop organizational health, leverage employee engagement, and drive the success of human capital across a growing and ever more complex enterprise. This role will be critical in executing the Human Resources strategy as it relates to the business; identifying new methodologies to achieve the talent acquisition and employer branding goals, providing excellent colleague consultation and mentorship across all levels of the Company, driving implementation and enhancement of the Road to Equity DE&I initiative. This individual will be seen as a leader who strives for functional excellence, champions innovation and identifies continuous process improvement for both the HR Division and the Company in general.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and drive Human Resources strategies in support of corporate and business objectives.
- Act as a trusted business partner for senior management and line managers, as well as an advocate for employees, always acting in the best interests of the Company.
- Recommend new approaches, programs, policies, and procedures in areas of talent acquisition, DE&I, employee relations, employee engagement and retention, driving continual improvements and a “best-in class” philosophy that ensures functional success.
- Work in collaboration with peers and senior leaders across HR and the Company to achieve the functional strategic objectives including the execution of and analysis of an annual employee engagement survey, DE&I objectives, and talent development plans.
- Develop the skills of the Talent Acquisition, DE&I, and Business Partner teams, and enhance their ability to support Eastern as an agile, innovative business in a rapidly changing industry.
- Understand, develop, and promote Human Resource best practices, corporate policy, and HR legal compliance.
- Participate as a member of the Company’s Ethics Incident Response Team and help lead a culture of compliance and ethics across Eastern Bank.
- Monitor, analyze, and interpret related HR metrics to support or revise data-driven Human Resource decisions across the enterprise.
- Present on human capital topics to employees, senior management, and the Board.
- Lead HR related due diligence and integration from M&A activities.
- Prepare an annual business plan and budgetary recommendations that meet departmental and corporate goals and provide for effective management of resources.
- Act as a subject matter expert/advisor on cultural change as the organization changes shape and size.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field with Master’s degree in Human Resources and related certifications preferred. Related experience considered in lieu of advanced degree.
- To be successful in this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 10 years of human resources experience with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Preferred experience within service-related industries with a focus on strong customer service.
- Significant generalist experience along with a deep subject matter expertise in DEI, employee relations and talent acquisition including best practices for use of social media for employer branding and candidate attraction.
- Evident management skills with the ability to assess team members and provide mentorship for their success and growth.
- Highly empathetic leadership style-a mix of strong EQ and IQ.
- Excellent change management leadership and consulting skills; able to lead through times of transformation.
- Ability to execute effectively in a fast-paced, complex, and changing work environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and solution-focus while maintaining high ethical standards.
- Experience in participating in M&A due diligence activity and subsequent integration plans.
- Strong personal initiative and desire to make a difference in building Eastern to be a best-in-class employer in the region.
- Experience in driving innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and programs on aggressive timelines.
- Ability to influence across functional lines and demonstrate a high level of goal related achievement.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (i.e., Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).