Lead Software Engineer
The Mosaic Research and Collaboration team is responsible for providing solutions that further investment dialog. As a global firm, Wellington investors from all geographies collaborate on investment ideas and decisions, and this research and dialog must be readily discovered and delivered to interested investors.
We are seeking a candidate for a Lead Software Engineer who can work closely with other members of IT including other developers, business analysts and QA engineers to design, develop, test, implement and support solutions to meet business requirements. This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join a strong, collaborative team and apply technical expertise in a role with leadership and advancement opportunities. This position requires an ability to deliver in a fast paced and evolving environment.
This role is part of the IT team that supports research and collaboration for Wellington investment professionals. This role will be primarily focused on building out our research platforms, ESG & sustainability initiatives, and data analytics capabilities. In addition, the role supports highly customized homegrown solutions and vendor products.
- Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions, including participating in architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support
- Work with business teams, project managers and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Participate in creation of new prototypes and develop new software components based on functional specifications across the full stack – services, web and mobile clients, infrastructure and back-end
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance
- Author technical design and support documentation
- Familiarity with developing web applications using HTML5, CSS and modern UI frameworks such as Angular or React
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a business-critical production environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to work in an energetic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related subject
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience developing applications with cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Demonstrated understanding of modern source control, artifact and deployment management tools, such as Git, Artifactory or Jenkins CI
- Intermediate-level experience with SQL
- Demonstrated ability in understanding legacy in-house applications and highly-complex, interrelated systems and processing
- Experience with various software development methodologies, such as Agile
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com.