Job ID 8170
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Wellington Alternative Investments (WAI) sponsors and sub-advises a broad array of long/short equity, multi-strategy, global macro, private equity, and relative value hedge funds that invest globally across all asset classes. The Fund Services department is responsible for the accounting, financing, financial reporting, and operations for these funds.
The Fund Controller sits within the Fund Control and Operations team in Fund Services and will oversee centralized tasks and monthly NAV processes for several Wellington-sponsored Hedge Funds. This role requires frequent collaboration with other Wellington teams and external service providers (ex. Prime Brokers, Fund Administrators, Auditors).
- Oversee the monthly NAV process for a number of Wellington-sponsored and sub-advised Hedge Funds, including the review and approval of Administrator NAV’s
- Perform a variety of daily/weekly/monthly centralized activities, such as tax accounting, valuation oversight, client reporting, and management reporting
- Assist Business, Investor Relations, and Compliance teams, among others, providing information and data to respond to queries and performing ad hoc analyses based on the funds’ or investors’ activity
- Develop and manage relationships with Wellington’s centralized teams and external service providers
- Lead and support projects, both large and small, associated with the hedge funds, Wellington’s operational and systems infrastructure, and service providers
- College undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or business
- 3-5 + years’ experience from public accounting firm, alternative investment firm, private equity, or fund administrator
- Knowledge of partnership accounting (management fees, carried interest, clawback), third party distribution, hybrid/side pocket fund structure, and currency hedging concept
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A natural curiosity and desire to expand one’s knowledge and role
- A proactive nature in developing and improving processes
- Advanced Excel and Access skills, or a desire to develop them
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, performing multiple tasks and balancing competing priorities
- A client service mindset and strong communication skills
- Progress towards a CPA, CFA, CAIA or MBA is a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com.