Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our history to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With over USD 1.1 trillion in client assets under management as of 31 December 2019, we serve as a trusted adviser to clients in over 60 countries. Wellington Management has a significant presence and long-term track record in nearly all sectors of the global securities markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Investment Treasury Portfolio Analyst, based in Boston, will work with teams across the firm and across asset classes to manage currency exposures, excess cash, and help optimise collateral and margin. The analyst will be part of the Investment Implementation team within the Investment Services and Technology group (InvesTech). InvesTech brings technology and operations together to deliver better, more efficient outcomes for our clients and business partners. In addition to Investment Implementation, InvesTech is comprised of the Infrastructure Design, InvesTech Operations, and Technology teams.
- ·Managing and rebalancing firm-wide portfolios’ currency exposures in response to events such as cash flows, active trades, benchmark changes, market price movements, and changes in client guidelines
- ·Implementing Investment Treasury’s cash management approach for portfolios with surplus cash
- ·Monitoring portfolio positions, and verifying that positions, risk exposures, and key market sensitivities are consistent with client guidelines and objectives
- ·Developing the Investment Treasury Platform and interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimise operational risks
- ·Optimising collateral posted to cover margin for derivatives positions
The successful candidate for this position is likely to have:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Advanced analytical skills (particularly data analysis) and a basis in programming, a quantitative orientation, a detail oriented mindset, and intellectual curiosity;
- Demonstrated strong interest in foreign exchange and fixed income investing, with a prior understanding viewed favourably;
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm;
- Ability to self-start, think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades;
Investment Treasury Portfolio Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com.