Job ID 8220
Works independently employing a high level of discretion and confidentiality to provide full support to the office of the President to enhance his effectiveness and ensure that the office operates effectively. Serves as the liaison between the President’s office and all other management functions and departments within the Company as well as external corporations, individuals and non-profit organizations. Discretion employed and information handled has direct impact on the business of the Company
- Provides administrative support to the President by performing diversified and confidential duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skills, and knowledge of organizational policies and practices.
- Responsible for overall coordination for the President and as needed support for the CEO and the executive office, including but not limited to, screening correspondence, responding to general inquiries, scheduling appointments, and coordinating travel arrangements. Also responsible for follow-up on items delegated or distributed to others.
- Responsible for maintaining contacts and relationships with members of senior management both internal and external to the Company.
- Responsible for preparation of agenda, coordination of materials and communications for meetings.
- Provides professional representation of and disseminates information from the President’s office to members of senior management both internal and external to the company.
- Assist executive office in all monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings of bank Officers, Directors, Trustee, and Corporators, to include annual off-site, three-day strategic planning sessions. Works closely with hotel and function staff in arranging conference facilities, equipment, menus, and presentations. Notifies all affected parties of meeting schedules and locations.
- Independently screens all incoming telephone calls, directs calls to division heads as appropriate, answers all questions and resolves issues as appropriate. Independently refers all routine matters to the appropriate individuals within the bank for resolution and follow-up.
- Maintains Presidents calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, business plan reviews, off-site conferences and teleconferences. Coordinates all related travel arrangements.
- Opens and handles all incoming mail. Distributes mail as necessary.
- Initiates internal and external correspondence for President’s signature whenever possible and appropriate. Create correspondence with limited guidance requiring application of judgment to convey the appropriate message. Compose own correspondence for communicating information both internally and externally.
- Develops and utilizes systems for record keeping and information tracking including confidential information. Regularly backs up all data and calendar files.
- Applies knowledge of word processing skills for a variety of needs. Ability to draft written correspondence for both internal and external use, proficient use of Power Point including complex slide creation.
- Ability to lead and manage special projects as assigned for the President and at times his direct reports. Examples include:
- Managing the Eastern Bank Sport Entertainment – Including the distribution and coordination as of all event tickets for the company including Celtics, Patriots, Redsox, Bruins. Manage each teams’ representatives and handle all contract and renewal agreements.
- Managing the Eastern Bank Pinnacle Awards Trip – Coordinate with the travel company on the selection of national and international sites, manage the contract, coordinate entertainment with travel company, handle all travel logistics together with the travel company for colleagues and their guests.
- Support for Board of Director presentations and Annual Board/Management Committee Strategic Retreat. Including research, planning and presentation creation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple external organizations in support of the Presidents community involvement including Board of Director responsibilities and volunteer work.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Position is responsible for quickly and professionally adapting to changing priorities and sensitive issues while maintaining work flow and confidentiality of the office. Assignments involve matters of a complex and confidential nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy. Provides professional support not only to the President but also to other members of senior management, VIP visitors, members of the Board of Directors and clients.
Works independently using evaluative, interpretive and analytical thinking in a wide range of situations. Applies strong judgment and discretion for ongoing troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- 5+ years of Executive Administration experience or equivalent training
- Experience managing multiple calendars, scheduling, and communicating details
- Experience in coordinating all travel requirements for groups of all sizes
- Proficient in reporting systems
- Experience creating professional correspondence internally and externally
- Familiarity with record keeping both paper and electronic
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong power point skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with special projects and managing competing priorities
- Experience creating meeting agendas
- Ability to manage incoming calls and delegate to the appropriate parties
- Experience working with Executive level leadership
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.