This position assists with evaluating and managing the credit risk and loan quality of the Bank’s Commercial Real Estate and Corporate Banking loan portfolios. The Credit Analyst is responsible for identifying and understanding a borrower’s credit risks and providing a thorough assessment of the Bank’s ability to mitigate these risks. Credit Analysts prepare thorough loan underwriting packages for use in the commercial loan approval and review process.The Credit Analyst may also provide support, as needed, to other departments in the Bank, including but not limited to Commercial Lending and Risk Management.
Key Result Areas:
- Work closely with Loan Officers and Portfolio Managers to prepare written credit analyses for loan requests
- Identify industry trends and analyze borrower/prospect performance in order to develop an assessment of credit risks
- Maintain the accuracy of the Bank’s commercial loan rating system and correctly apply loan risk ratings based on the identified risks in the credit
- Review commercial credit files for completeness and proper organization and work with Loan Officers and Portfolio Managers to make necessary corrections
- Support other credit risk management activities, including those related to internal/external audits, loan reviews, and regulatory compliance matters
- Monitor credit quality through the review of interim financial reporting, to provide early warning of possible deterioration in credit quality
- Assist VP/Credit Manager with Credit Department reporting
- Perform additional duties as required
- 4-year college degree, preferably in business, finance, or accounting, or minimum of 5 years of banking/financial services experience
- Able to concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of commercial lending operations and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of Excel and Word, as well as ability to learn and adapt to internal bank systems
- Ability to work both independently and in groups
- Effective project and time management skills, with ability to multi-task
The above description covers the most significant responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $5 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Melrose, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.