The Community Relations Program Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the contribution & sponsorship request process, Volunteer Program, Scholarship Programs and other activities related to corporate giving and Community Relations for Cambridge Savings Bank. Consistently ensuring compliance with Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) while keeping our communities’ financial wellbeing top of mind and emulating our core values.
Key Result Areas:
- Gather background information and prep grant and sponsorship requests for review by Head of CR
- Represent Bank in the nonprofit community, attend community events and serve as liaison
- Work with the CRA Officer to ensure compliance with CRA regulations. Track and report qualified CRA activity and ensure we receive proper LMI documentation for examiners
- Manage the Bank’s Volunteer Program and serve as the primary volunteer contact for nonprofits. Research, recommend and manage onsite and offsite volunteer events. Recommend and manage Bank-wide collections, in-kind donations and Jeans Days. Monitor volunteer hours and analyze/report volunteer activity
- Manage the Scholarship Programs and preparation process for Scholarship Review Committee.
- Seek, review and recommend nonprofit partnerships that advance opportunities to scale minority- or women-owned businesses
- Collaborate with Marketing in support of the Community Relations pages on the CSB website. Provide information for inclusion in items such as, Annual Report, Holiday Cards, CSB Employee Magazine, etc
- Create, develop and update the department intranet pages
- Provide back-up to the Community Relations Coordinator as needed
- Develop policies and procedures to support the department objectives
- Perform additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of experience in the banking or financial services industry
- 5 years of working in community relations, corporate giving, or a community service capacity
- Strong organizational skills, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of staff, management as well as members of community organizations
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Considerable attention to detail
- Strong PC skills including MS Office Applications
- Familiarity with workflow automation software
The above description covers the most significant responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $5 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Concord, Lexington, Melrose, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.